Waterford, CT Historical Society
2. Thyme (thymus vulgari) - sauces, gravy, stew, dressing, tea.
3. Sage (salvis officinalis) - culinary meat, fish, cheese, stuffing, squash, breads.
4. Sweet Woodruff (galium odoraturm) - fragrance, beverage, cold fruit drinks, tea, wine.
5. Lemon Balm (melissa officinal) - fragrance, ornamental, lemon scented sachets, potpourris, teas.
6. Chives (allium schoeoprasum) - culinary, ornamental.
7. Hollyhocks (alecea rosea) - ornamental, an old fashion flower favorite.
8. Mint Lavage (mentha) - culinary, fruit drinks, lamb, moth repellent.
"Herbs are good companions - To vegetables in the garden - To cooks in the kitchen."