Waterford, CT Historical Society
The Beebe-Phillips house originally stood at 284 Boston Post Road. Built in 1838 by Orrin Beebe the house was last owned by William Phillips. George Phillips, William's last remaining son, donated the building to the Waterford Historical Society in 1969. The house was moved in 1974 to its present location on the Jordan Green.
The house has a floor plan of this era - including a large kitchen across the back, narrow back stairs, a pantry off the kitchen, wide floor boards, five fireplaces and a beehive oven. A dining/ sitting room in the 1700's style leads to a more formal parlor decorated more in the Victorian period.
The small bedroom, a child's room, or "horning room" contains a hooded cradle, an original rope bed, a wash stand with pitcher and bowl, quilts, small rug and lace window curtains.
The front doorstep is the original granite doorstep of the Jordan firehouse.